SAM - OSS Odorless Silicone Solvent (DG)
Go Ahead. Call us crazy. We’re selling a solvent that dries slower than water.
It’s NOT a solvent to use if you’re in a hurry.
But ever so handy to have around.
SAM OSS Odorless Silicone-based Solvent for liquid Silicone Rubber and Silicone Caulking. Great for silicone cleanup. If you can work longer drying times into your silicone painting schedule, use an Odorless, Non-Toxic solvent that’s cheap to ship anywhere in the world.
- flammable but NOT considered a shipping hazard
- considered safe to use
- widely used in cosmetics, personal care products and ‘green’ dry cleaning.
- will not contribute to ozone depletion or global warming
- dries slightly slower than water
- has ‘slip’ when wet.
- has no smell or chemical odor
- has traits of more aggressive solvents yet does not dissolve plastics
- remains fluid at freezing temperature
- California VOC Exempt and will not contribute to ozone depletion or global warming
- can be Shipped without any D.O.T. "hazardous materials handling" requirements
OTHER USES: Smooth oil-based clay and wax and clean tools. Clean makeup and wet oil paint from brushes. Clean and help comb out tangles from synthetic and natural hair wigs, beards and fake fur. Cut through oil, grease and soft wax. Dissolve silicone pressure sensitive adhesive. Good ‘spot’ dry cleaning fluid for oily stains. Will not harm fabrics. Lubricant for wet sanding seams on rubbers and soft plastics.